Tuesday 27 November 2012

Di Maissintähkä - Kuka Täytti Pöllonraadön Kiehuvalla Ketsupilla? (2011)

according to itwasagoodtape.tumblr.com:
"This is quite possibly the best thing I have ever heard. Di Maissintähkä (Two Corn Cobs) are Toni Mix and Jae X, and by the sound of their voices I would say they were anywhere between 7 and 12 years of age when they began recording these. According to the insert, the 21 tracks were recorded in the ’70s and ’80s in a mental hospital. Appropriate. I assure you, there is nothing like this tape out there. Little kids screaming, howling, and singing while banging and rattling anything they can get their hands on. None of the tracks reach the 2 minute mark, most of them don’t even reach 60 seconds, but that doesn’t stop them from packing a heavy punch. Most of the tracks stick to vocals alongside “pot and pan”-esque instrumentation, but towards the end some unexpected electronics get thrown in. I’m assuming that is what was recorded in the later years of when these all took place. There is very little known about the band, these tracks were cuts from a few different, lengthier albums that have never been released as far as I know. I suggest buying this tape more than any other album I will probably ever talk about."
http://www.mediafire.com/?587x34yeh8lf06s

No comments:

Post a Comment